2 hrs 10 mins
I got this recipe from Allrecipes website. Sean says it's from a restaurant his grandfather owned back in the 50's. His grandfather obviously knew how to cook because this sauce is so good and filling. I had company over Saturday night to watch Nascar and decided to give this sauce a try for some coney's. Topped these with mustard, onions and cheese and everyone just loved them. It's a sweet but tangy sauce that is just delicious. Very easy to make as well. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook ground beef with onion until no longer pink, drain.
- 2Transfer to a small crockpot and add all other ingredients.
- 3Cover and cook on low for a couple of hours allowing the flavors to meld.
- 4It has to cook a while to get the maximum flavor so please don't just heat and eat.
- 5If you need this sauce done quicker I'm sure you could do it on the stovetop but it still need to simmer a while to blend the ingredients.
- 6Use on hot dogs with topppings of your choice. Mustard, onions, cheese, chili peppers, or whatever you like.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sean's Coney Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.6
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 591.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 14.8 g