Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from Allrecipes website. Sean says it's from a restaurant his grandfather owned back in the 50's. His grandfather obviously knew how to cook because this sauce is so good and filling. I had company over Saturday night to watch Nascar and decided to give this sauce a try for some coney's. Topped these with mustard, onions and cheese and everyone just loved them. It's a sweet but tangy sauce that is just delicious. Very easy to make as well. Enjoy
- Cook ground beef with onion until no longer pink, drain.
- Transfer to a small crockpot and add all other ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for a couple of hours allowing the flavors to meld.
- It has to cook a while to get the maximum flavor so please don't just heat and eat.
- If you need this sauce done quicker I'm sure you could do it on the stovetop but it still need to simmer a while to blend the ingredients.
- Use on hot dogs with topppings of your choice. Mustard, onions, cheese, chili peppers, or whatever you like.