Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
My family really likes these—it’s a new twist on stuffed bell peppers. This one contains, shrimp and crab meat.
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen crabmeat or 1 (6 ounce) package fresh crabmeat, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tops off each pepper; remove the seeds and membrane. Cook in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; drain well and set aside.
- Combine shrimp, crabmeat, rice, celery, onion, and pimiento.
- Combine mayonnaise, curry powder, salt, and pepper; stir in to crabmeat mixture and mix well.
- Stuff peppers with the seafood mixture; sprinkle each with the bread crumbs and top each with a pat of butter.
- Place in baking dish add hot water to the depth of 1/2 inch. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.