Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was hungry for seafood sauce and I found this recipe in a cookbook and of course I change it a little for my taste buds.
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons wine
- 1 cup cooked boneless fish, flaked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup frozen cooked baby shrimp
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 cup water or 1 cup fish stock
- 1⁄2 cup cream, for pasta
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add onion and cook till translucent (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Sprinkle in flour and cook about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add fish stock (if not enough to make a cup, add chicken bouillon to water and add to fish stock to make a 1 cup). Stir until thick and smooth.
- Add cream and wine and stir till thick and smooth.
- Add crab, shrimp, fish, garlic powder, and parsley; stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon into tortilla shell, fold and eat.
- If you are pouring over pasta, add the extra cream to thin the sauce.