Recipe by Timothy H.
Once and awhile you need a change! Well this is it! Try it one time and you will be hooked just like I was.But now I have it much more often.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup diced zucchini
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet.
- Saute onion and garlic clove over medium heat until soft. Add rice, stir frequently and saute about 3 minutes.
- Add half the chicken broth (1 cup) and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer about 10 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed. Add remaining chicken broth and zucchini; cover and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Add shrimp, scallops and frozen peas.Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring once. Stir in chopped parsley and cook about 5 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Stir in grated parmesan cheese.