Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this one up, but not saying I'm the first to do that. It's sort of 3 dishes in one. My friends say this is one my best creations. It has lots of butter in it, but I have tried to substitute and it doesn't taste as good.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, course chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 large white onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 lb shrimp, 60 80 count
- 3⁄4 lb crabmeat
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 slices bacon, fried and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 green onion tops, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- cajun seasoning (I use Emeril's Essence home made with no salt)
- Cook bacon until crisp, chop and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut Potatoes into bite size pieces or about .5 ounces each.
- Place in a large casserole dish, season with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning.
- Pour ½ stick of melted butter over potatoes and mix to coat.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender and beginning to brown.
- When the potatoes are almost done, Use a large deep skillet and add 1 stick butter, the onions, bell pepper and celery.
- Simmer for about 8 minutes until onions begin to clear.
- Add the garlic, simmer 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice, tarragon vinegar and the shrimp.
- Season with salt, pepper and Essence or cayenne.
- Cook shrimp until just done, about three minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream, when it has liquefied add the crab meat, and stir gently to mix well.
- When the mixture is hot, pour it over the top of the potatoes in the casserole dish and smooth it out.
- Sprinkle the top with the parmesan, the chopped bacon, and spread the cheddar cheese out evenly on top.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and serve immediately garnished with chopped green onions and a few dashes of Essence.