Sausage, Egg and Cheese Casserole
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 slices bread, cubed
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Cook sausage and onion until done; break into small pieces. Drain and set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and mustard into mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish with the butter or margarine.
- Layer the cubed bread, sausage, and 1/2 cup cheese into dish.
- Pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven at 350 for 45 minute.
- This recipe can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated prior to baking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hubby gave this a 4, I rank it a 3. This was good. I cut it down to serve 2 but, added 3 eggs instead of 1 1/2. No 1/2 eggs in my house anyway. :) Use dijon instead of dry mustard. Put the last of the cheese on when the casserole was almost done baking. I love to cook but, have never understood all the breakfast casseroles that call for cubed bread. Kind of creepy, often mushy and adds nothing beneficial in my mind.
see 4 more reviews