TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
GORGEOUS! Soft music, candlelight and plenty of Chablis creates an atmosphere made perfectly for two people who wish to become reacquainted. We had the pleasure of savouring something very similar to this recipe in a restaurant called Le Concoure, in Paris, many years ago. We enjoyed it so much that we returned to Le Concoure the next evening for a repeat performance; we were not disappointed. A restaurant in Toronto, called Danakas Palace created this recipe and shares it with all to enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lobster tails
- 6 scampi
- 6 prawns
- 6 shrimp
- 8 crab legs
- 8 oysters, shelled
- 8 scallops, shelled
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 ounce dry white wine
- 3 ounces butter
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pint vegetable oil
- cognac, to flame seafood
- 6 green asparagus spears
- 1 whole lemon
- 1 whole fresh tomato
- seafood cocktail sauce (optional)
- tartar sauce, if you wish (optional)
- 1TO PREPARE: Cut the lobster tails and bend back in butterfly style.
- 2Shell and devein the scampis, prawn and shrimps.
- 3Extract the meat from the crab claws.
- 4If not already done, remove the oysters and scallops from the shell and coat with breadcrumbs.
- 5Finally, wash the lobster, scampi, prawns and shrimps under cold running water and dry thoroughly.
- 6PROCEED WITH THE FOLLOWING COOKING METHODS, SIMULTANEOUSLY: CRABMEAT: Place the crabmeat in a small ovenproof dish, add 1/3 tsp garlic, 1 tsp lemon juice and half the white wine and bake in a moderate oven for 10-15 minutes.
- 7LOBSTER TAILS: Place in an oven pan; add 1 oz (25 g) butter and 1 tsp lemon juice and bake in moderate oven 8- 10 minutes.
- 8Melt 1 oz (25 g) butter in a frying pan; add 1/3 tsp garlic and the remaining wine.
- 9Sauté scampi, prawns and shrimp for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- 10Heat the oil and deep fry the scallops until golden; transfer to a small ovenproof dish; add the remaining butter, garlic and lemon juice and place in a broiler for 5 minutes.
- 11Reheat the oil and deep fry the oysters until golden.
- 12Cut the whole lemon in half and remove the seeds.
- 13Cut the tomato into wedges.
- 14Steam asparagus spears for 5 minutes and plunge immediately into ice water.
- 15To serve: Arrange attractively on a bed of lettuce on a silver platter.
- 16Garnish with lemon halves and tomato wedges.
- 17Drape asparagus spears across the top of the tray.
- 18Pour over the Cognac, set aflame and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Platter for Two
Serving Size: 1 (1451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3210.7
- Calories from Fat 2375
- Total Fat 263.9 g
- Saturated Fat 52.2 g
- Cholesterol 562.8 mg
- Sodium 7027.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 165.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: