Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Made this up last night and it was DELICIOUS. Feel free to add any sort of seafood you would like, or make it purely vegetarian. I tend to not be a precise cook so my measurements are estimates. I throw it all in, especially with pasta dishes, and it all works out. Enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons julienned sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 cup assorted fresh vegetable, chopped (i used onion and broccoli)
- 1⁄2 cup scallops (i used frozen, raw seafood and then thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp (i used frozen, raw seafood and then thawed)
- 1 cup good quality fresh blue cheese dressing
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour, to thicken sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pasta, any sort, i used spaghetti
- Begin boiling water and cook pasta while preparing sauce below. Don't overcook pasta! I boil mine for 8 minutes max.
- Add 3 TBSP of sundried tomatoes (more or less) in oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Saute fresh vegetables with the tomatoes and oil until softened.
- Add shrimp and scallops to the skillet and saute 3-5 minutes, until shrimp turns pink. Don't overcook.
- Add the blue cheese, parmesan, broth and simmer until blended.
- Add flour to thicken sauce and simmer further for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare individual bowls with desired amount of pasta.
- Top pasta with sauce and enjoy!