Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My friend prepared this meal for us one evening and I included it in our Family Recipe Book; it remains a favourite. Tastes very rich but very low fat and so easy to prepare.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can clams, not drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- Cook onions and garlic in butter and oil.
- Add shrimps and scallops and cook 5 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Thicken with 2 Tbsp cornstarch and 3 tbsp water.
- Cook linguini and toss with 1/4 cup no fat sour cream.
- Add seafood sauce to pasta and serve.
- Offer some freshly grated parmesan cheese and crushed pepper.
Sage, this is one delicious sauce! followed your recipe except I didn't add the shrimps or scallops until the very last step and then simmered them for 5 minutes I can't get Essence of Emeril, or at least I haven't seen it so I added Denzel"s sauce - it's spicy but worked well Thank-you for a recipe I will enjoy itover and over again
Delightful recipe that is not overly complicated. I was intrigued by the idea of mixing low-fat sour cream into hot pasta, but it turned out to be a wonderful way to add a bit of creaminess to the final recipe. I like the hints from other reviewers: don't add shrimp and scallops until just before thickening the sauce. Deglaze pan with a little wine after sauting onion. Enjoy!
This is a great sauce for seafood and one I will use often! Great flavors going on here. My family just about swallowed it whole so they could go for seconds. Good thing I doubled the recipe so we could have leftovers. I served it over linguine noodles with great success!