1 hr 10 mins
I've searched high and low for a rich creamy seafood lasagna with no cottage cheese. This is it. I love this recipe. It's a little time consuming, but oh so worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb scallops, shrimp, crawfish, lump crabmeat
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk, heated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup fontina, provolone and mozzarella cheese mix, shredded
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 lasagna sheets, cooked al dente
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter, sauté the garlic until transparent - do not brown or burn.
- 3Add the shrimp, and toss over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add green onions and parsley, stir and continue cooking till shrimp lose their transparency.
- 5Remove from heat and set aside.
- 6Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit, but don't let it brown about 2 minutes.
- 7Add the hot milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste, lower the heat, and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- 9When sauce is ready, stir in the wine, blend thoroughly and remove the sauce from the heat.
- 10Spread about a third of the sauce over the bottom of an 8 x 10 or round pie pan.
- 11Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese mixture Fontina/mozzarella over the sauce.
- 12Scatter about half the shellfish evenly over the cheese.
- 13Cover with half the lasagna sheets. Repeat the layers finishing with the last sheets of lasagna.
- 14Cover with the remaining sauce and Parmesan.
- 15The layers, from the bottom:Sauce,Cheese,Seafood,Lasagna,Sauce,Cheese,Seafood,Lasagna,Sauce,Parmesan.
- 16BAKE for 30-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown (keep and eye on it, you don't want the top to burn).
- 17Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.2
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.7 mg
- Sodium 960.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: