Recipe by Billiebcc
I've searched high and low for a rich creamy seafood lasagna with no cottage cheese. This is it. I love this recipe. It's a little time consuming, but oh so worth it.
- 1 lb scallops, shrimp, crawfish, lump crabmeat
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, heated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup fontina, provolone and mozzarella cheese mix, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 lasagna sheets, cooked al dente
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter, sauté the garlic until transparent - do not brown or burn.
- Add the shrimp, and toss over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add green onions and parsley, stir and continue cooking till shrimp lose their transparency.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit, but don't let it brown about 2 minutes.
- Add the hot milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, lower the heat, and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- When sauce is ready, stir in the wine, blend thoroughly and remove the sauce from the heat.
- Spread about a third of the sauce over the bottom of an 8 x 10 or round pie pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese mixture Fontina/mozzarella over the sauce.
- Scatter about half the shellfish evenly over the cheese.
- Cover with half the lasagna sheets. Repeat the layers finishing with the last sheets of lasagna.
- Cover with the remaining sauce and Parmesan.
- The layers, from the bottom:Sauce,Cheese,Seafood,Lasagna,Sauce,Cheese,Seafood,Lasagna,Sauce,Parmesan.
- BAKE for 30-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown (keep and eye on it, you don't want the top to burn).
- Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.