1/1 Photo of Seafood Enchiladas
Tasty Seafood Enchilads with a creamy white sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium white onions, coarsely chopped
- 198.44 g can diced green chilies
- 22.18 ml butter
- 453.59 g crabmeat, picked over for cartilage
- 453.59 g baby shrimp
- 236.59 ml walnut halves, toasted
- 340.19 g can medium pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 453.59 g monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 453.59 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 1To toast walnuts, place in a shallow baking pan.
- 2Bake at 350*F (175*C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until walnuts are lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- 4In large skillet, saute onions in butter until they become transparent.
- 5Remove from heat and add chilies, crab, shrimp, walnuts, and olives.
- 6Combine cheeses, reserving 1 1/2 cups of the cheese mixture for top of casserole.
- 7Stir remaining cheese into seafood mixture.
- 8In medium skillet, heat 1/4 inch oil.
- 9Fry tortillas, one a time, just long enough to soften, about 30 seconds.
- 10Drain on paper towels.
- 11Fill each tortilla with seafood filling, roll up and place seam side down in a lightly greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- 12In medium saucepan, combine the half and half, sour cream, butter, oregano, salt and garlic powder, stirring constantly over medium heat until lukewarm and well blended.
- 13Remove from heat and pour sauce over enchiladas.
- 14Sprinkle enchiladas with reserved cheese.
- 15Bake at 350*F (175*C) for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 16Allow to set 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.4
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 210.4 mg
- Sodium 1592.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 38.8 g