Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love seafood and just found this recipe on one of those free little cards.
- 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces sea scallops
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add scallops; cook and stir until just opaque (white).
- Remove scallops from pan; keep warm.
- For sauce, stir cream, mustard, and dill weed into the saucepan; heat through.
- Remove pan from heat; stir scallops into sauce.
- Pour scallops and sauce over pasta; toss to mix.
Made this today for an early dinner and served it along with Gurkensalat (cucumber salad) #142724. YUMMY! Another great recipe and a keeper for my Favorites of 2010. Thank you! Made for Cook-A-Thon for Nora Marie in memory of her husband Ed.
WOW! This is a creamy delicious dish! The scallops were perfectly cooked and the sauce really enhanced their succulent flavor. The recipe called for angel hair but I used 3 cheese stuffed tortellinis for half the family and for myself and my other DD, I made collard greens and rice to go with the scallops and sauce. Pictures will depict both ways. Made in memory of Nora's DH Ed.