This is an amazing blog with lots of delicious recipes! This is a tried and true recipe at our house, however I would decrease the amount of honey a bit for me. glutenfreefix.com/sea-salt-caramel-brownies/2256/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour, packed
- 1/4 cup almond flour, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9×9 square baking dish (for thick brownies) or 9×13 glass dish for regular brownies.
- 3Melt together the butter, chocolate and coconut oil.
- 4Whisk in the honey. Allow mixture to cool down before adding your eggs.
- 5Stir in your eggs.
- 6Add your flours, baking soda and salt. Whisk well to combine.
- 7Spread mixture evenly into greased baking dish.
- 8Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- 9Let cool completely before topping with caramel.
- 11In a heavy bottom saucepan, combine butter and honey. Bring to a boil.
- 12Continue to cook, stirring frequently until it turns a dark caramel color. You want it to be slightly darker than what you want in the end. Remove from burner. Add milk (stand back, it will splatter!) Stir to combine.
- 13Let cool slightly and allow to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- 14Pour caramel onto cooled brownies. Spread evenly to cover.
- 15Sprinkle with sea salt. Cut into small squares, as they are very rich! These cut most cleanly once chilled. Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sea Salt Caramel Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.7
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 455.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 43.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: