Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Bon Appetit, this makes a great breakfast or brunch.
- 12 large eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml butter
- 226.79 g cream cheese, chilled, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 170.09 g lox, 1/2-inch strips
- fresh chives, chopped
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in large bowl to blend.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add eggs.
- Using wooden spoon, stir until eggs are almost set, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in cheese and salmon and stir just until eggs are set, about 1 minute.
- Transfer eggs to platter.
- Sprinkle with chives, if desired, and serve.
I scaled this back for 2 of us and the DM and I had a thoroughly enjoyable and very filling breakfast. Served with hot buttered wholemeal/wholegrain toast with the soft scrambled eggs with the creamy texture from the extra light creamed cheese I used and that smoky salty taste of the smoked salmon (lox) it was an absolute luxury which didn't break the bank balance. Thank you lazyme, made for Photo Tag - Fall.
Hi, I can rate this great recipe because I have already submitted to this site (that's ok) There is a difference because mine calls for capers so it is a little different. All this is irrelevant because it makes a wonderful brunch and easy on the cook. Hope others enjoy it.