Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Fresh Food TV
- 80 g chorizo sausages, skinnned,chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 large red capsicum, cored,seeded,chopped finely
- 1 large green capsicum, cored,seeded,chopped finely
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 large eggs, beaten lightly
- salt and pepper
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- 4 -6 slices country bread, toasted to serve
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large, heavy based pan.
- Add the onion and red and green capsicums, cooking until soft, without browning (approx 4 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes, heat through, transfer to oven dish and keep warm in preheated oven on low setting.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to pan.
- Add chopped chorizo and cook for 5 minutes to release flavours.
- Add the sausage to onion and capsicum mixture.
- Add butter to pan and melt.
- Season the eggs with salt and black pepper.
- Lightly beat,add to pan and scramble until cooked to desired firmness (not too firm though as they will continue to cook).
- Return vegetables and sausage to pan and stir through with basil.
- Serve with hot toast.
I scaled this back for 1 though used twice as much chorizo (love the stuff) and fried that off first starting in a cold pan to release the oils and then cooked the vegies in the chorizo oils and gave the pan a light spray with cooking oil to cook the eggs, reserving the butter for my toast. This was a very filling and satisfying breakfast packed with lot of flavour, thank you Jan, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 16.
What a perfect start to Christmas day! This was s pure delight...the added basil added such a fresh flavour and the colours were fantastic. I'll be doing this one over and over. No need to change a thing, it's perfect! Thanks for sharing.