Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A tasty little breakfast scamble. Can be eaten as is or as a filling for a breakfast tortilla/roll-up.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced
- parsley, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt, and pepper.
- Let the butter melt in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; Tilt pan around to coat the bottom of the skillet with melted butter.
- When butter foams, pour in egg mixture all at once.
- Let stand for 20 seconds.
- Cook, stirring, until light and fluffy but not too dry.
- Add in cheese and avocado; stir until blended and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley; serve hot.
Mmmmm....Super good! Thanks for posting!
I made this as an omelette and thoroughly enjoyed the taste of the sharp cheddar and the silky taste of the avocado and served with wholemeal/wholegrain toast for a wonderfully filling breakfast, thank you ratherbeswimmin', made for Name That Ingredient tag game.
I really like this! I made it just as the recipe states, but I did add a little more avocado! Perfect with some hot sauce! :)