Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Breakfast favourite with a twist
- 1 plum tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 eggs or 2 egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (optional) or 2 teaspoons canola oil (optional)
- 1 dash paprika
- pepper (optional)
- seasoning (optional)
- Combine the tomato and basil and set aside.
- Beat the egg, water and garlic together.
- Heat oil (or use non-stick cooking spray), add the egg mixture.
- Cook and stir gently until the egg is nearly set.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Add the tomato mixture and the pepper.
- Cook and stir until the egg is completely set and the tomatoes are heated through.
- Serve with toast or English muffin.
Thanks for sharing this, Uncle Miller. Tonight, my brother(a very fussy guy for food) demanded scrambled egg for dinner with sausages. This was the first time I ever made scrambled egg in my life. Actually, I'm grateful to you - this recipe saved me, my brother, ate it happily! The only addition I made was of 1 chopped onion alongwith the chopped tomato. I used the ordinary tomato as I didnt have the plum tomato on hand. To be frank, I was all prepared to say, "Egg on my face", but, I ended up saying, "Long Live, Uncle Miller!", THANK YOU SO MUCH for this recipe :) It's simple, quick, easy to remember and good.
Looks lovely and tastes great. This is so simple and straight forward but the garlic, basil & tomatoe raise it from simple scrambled eggs to a special recipe! I served it on a toasted English Muffin alonf with Hash Brown Patties. Thanks Miller for a lovely Brunch