Recipe by Mille®
Patience is a virtue, and (trust me) this stuff is WELL worth the wait!
Top Review by sonal.sher
just had a slice with a bit of spread on it. well worth the wait. will try and serve with custard as it hs the same texture and richness as sticky toffee pudding (my fav) but not so sickly(which i love). means u can eat more!!!
- 1⁄2 lb plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1⁄2 ounces light brown sugar
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 fluid ounces golden syrup or 4 fluid ounces light corn syrup
- 5 fluid ounces milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 oranges, zest only
- 2 ounces dried apricots, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and line a deep 7-inch square cake tin.
- Sift the flour, ginger, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together.
- Place sugar, butter, syrup and milk in a pan and warm gently until melted and blended.
- Do not boil.
- Add to the flour with the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in orange zest and apricots.
- Turn into the baking tin and bake at 325ºF for 60-65 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Turn out and cool.
- The flavour of this cake improves with age.
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days before serving.