Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try serving this "schmear" with some fresh bagels at your next brunch. You could add a tablespoon or so of fresh chopped dill or parsley or even a couples of tablespoons of drained capers, but I like it kept simple. For appetizers, serve the schmear along with cocktail-sized rye bread slices.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 scallions, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 4 -5 slices lox or 4 -5 slices smoked salmon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, work the cream cheese until it is smooth, turning off the motor and scraping down the sides of the work bowl several times.
- Add the scallions, lox, salt and pepper. Continue working the cream cheese mixture until it is blended (by the way, it is okay if there are some chunks of salmon in the mixture).
- Remove cream cheese mixture to a pretty container or small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. Schmear on bagels, matzoh, or toasted pumpernickel or rye bread, or whatever you like.
Yum! This was very good - and much handier than putting cream cheese on a bagel, THEN the salmon. I didn't have any scallions, but it is delicious just the same! Next time I'll make sure I have the scallions for added flavor.
I love smoke salmon and cream cheese and this tasty recipe does not disappoint. It was so good. Made as written but added a little lemon zest (personal preference only) Thank you so much for sharing this quick and easy to make recipe. It was awesome. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game.
Thank you for sharing this recipe! It was easy to make, easy to spread and SO yummy! Like Julie I didn't have the scallions on hand, but it was wonderful without them, too!