Recipe by Annacia
This is my version of scalloped apples made up in an attempt to keep the sugars as low as possible. I don't think that they can get any lower because you can't take the sugars out of the apples.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
These are what fall is about to me! Smelled delicious baking and were a low calorie treat! I used farm-fresh Granny Smith's and it was perfect...except the two of us ate the entire dish!!
- 4 -6 large apples (Golden Delicious prefered)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fine breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel, core and slice apples, put apples in a buttered shallow baking dish.
- Add water.
- Mix sugars, cinnamon and allspice.
- Sprinkle over apples along with lemon juice, bread crumbs and nutmeg.
- Dot with margarine.
- Bake about 45 minutes until apples are soft. Serve warm or cold.