Recipe by chia
i was able to buy some lovely haricot vert and scallops at trader joe's this morning. I found this easy recipe which also uses the truffle oil i always keep on hand.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
FABULOUS! I subbed some shrimp I smoked with creole seasoning for the scallops. This is a restaurant quality meal, for sure!!! I took the picture then put some rocket on top and ate it. It was so pretty without the rocket, that I had to take a picture :) I actually tied my haricots vert up with the chives. So awesome. I will surely make this again. THANKS! Made for ZWT5.
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces arugula leaves
- 6 dry scallops (about 10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons instant flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 6 ounces French haricots vert or 6 ounces other slender green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths, blanched
- 4 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, shallots, and 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil together into a vinaigrette.
- In a medium bowl, toss to combine the arugula and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of canola oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Dip scallops in seasoned instant flour. Add to skillet and cook 3 minutes; turn over and cook until almost opaque in center, about 2 minutes or longer.
- Place 3 scallops around border of each plate. Using half of haricots verts for each plate, place 3 small bundles of haricots verts between scallops. Mound half of arugula mixture in center of each plate. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over haricots verts and scallops. Drizzle 2 teaspoons truffle oil on each salad. Sprinkle salads with chives.