Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My daughter loves scallops and I can't wait to make this elegant dish for her. It comes from Bon Appetit.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 lbs sea scallops
- 1⁄2 cup chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat olive oil in a non stick skillet on medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until tender, but not brown. Let cool.
- In a food processor, coarsely chop scallops -- do not over process.
- Place chopped scallops in a large bowl and add onion, chives, parsley, flour, ginger, lime juice, egg, salt, lime peel and pepper.
- Form into 8 1/2 inch thick patties, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Place patties on plate or baking sheet and chill for 1-6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- heat oil in large non stick skillet over medium heat and cook scallop cakes until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer cakes to the baking sheet and bake until completely cooked -- about 7 minutes.
- Serve with Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise, which I've also posted, or whatever condiment you might enjoy.