Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup recipe came out of some leftovers in my fridge. I think it worked out rather well and is a different twist on the ordinary corn chowder. It's healthy too! There's no oil involved and you can use skim milk.
- 1⁄2 savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 red onion, minced
- 1⁄2 carrot, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped and seeded
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 cup milk
- boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh thyme, for garnish
- Put vegetables-- except for corn-- spices and bouililon powder into a large saucepan and add boiling water until vegetables are just covered.
- Simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Puree 1/2 the soup.
- Add corn and milk.
- Cook for a couple minutes, until corn is cooked and soup is heated through.
- Top with some freshly picked thyme and serve with a salad or fresh biscuits.
Good use of veggies, however I found it a little bland. But I added salt and it spruced up the flavor a bit. For some reason, the recipe made more than 4 servings, or it was just 4 BIG servings.