A marvelous quick bread to make for a lunch. A savoury melt in the mouth texture. This bread is best fresh from the oven. Also great to eat with Italian style meals.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/350°F.
- Brush a 20x10 cm (8 x 4 inch) loaf tin with olive oil and line with greased greaseproof paper.
- Beat the eggs until frothy and stir in the chopped olives, oil and milk.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together and add the egg mixture, stirring lightly just until the flour is combined; be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until hollow when tapped.
- Leave in the tin for a minute, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve sliced with a salad, or make into sandwiches with slices of cheese between.