1/1 Photo of Savory Slow Cooker Bean and Green Soup
7 hrs 5 mins
From Fitness magazine April 2009. I used extra broth (6 cups) and less rice (1/4 cup) and it was still nice and thick. Use a good quality (organic) vegetable broth if possible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (I use 4!)
- 8 cups fresh spinach or 8 cups kale leaves, coarsely chopped
- parmesan cheese, garnish
- 1In a 4 quart slow cooker, combine broth, tomato puree, beans, rice, onion, basil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- 2Cover; cook on low 5-7 hours or high 2-3 hours.
- 3Just before serving, stir in spinach or kale.
- 4Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to taste.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Slow Cooker Bean and Green Soup
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.0
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.3 g