Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
Easy to whip up and I keep most of these ingredients around all the time.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded, diced, and drained
- 6 green onions, sliced (include some of the green part)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, water, basil, salt, and pepper together.
- Fold in tomato and green onion.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- When butter foams, add egg mixture all at once.
- Let set for 20 seconds.
- Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until light, fluffy, and almost dry.
- Add sour cream and stir until blended.
- Serve right away.
Sunday Brunch - very nice recipe. I had to use dried basil, some chopped sweet onion and dried chives and it was stil very tasty. I used cottage cheese instead of sour cream - Do again for sure.
Just as good as an omlette and much easier to make for multiple servings. I think step 2 means to say green onion.
We tasted the eggs before adding the sour cream and really like them but after adding the sour cream it changed the texture which we didn't care for. We thought we should have topped the eggs with the sour cream instead of mixing it into the eggs. Bullwinkle