Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
These roasted pumpkin seeds are not only deliciously flavored with savory seasonings and sea salt but also packed with protein and fiber. What a way to enjoy one of nature's most versatile fruits!
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds, raw (2 medium sugar pumpkins)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Remove seeds from pumpkins and wash thoroughly to remove as much pulp as possible.
- Spread seeds onto a work surface covered with paper towels and allow to air-dry for 15-30 minutes.
- Thoroughly combine seeds with all other ingredients. Onto a large baking sheet, spread into a single layer.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until seeds are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container for one to two weeks, although they don't last that long in our house. :).