Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Next time you carve pumpkins or cook fresh pumpkins don't throw out the pumpkin seeds. They make great snacks that are rich in fiber and kids love them. Purists will want only salt as a seasoning, but if you're feeling adventurous, experiment and have fun with seasoning blends. (From Fabulous Foods)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons melted butter (olive oil or vegetable oil work well) or 2 teaspoons melted oil (olive oil or vegetable oil work well)
- garlic powder (optional)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- seasoning salt (optional)
- cajun seasoning (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- While it's OK to leave some strings and pulp on your seeds (it adds flavor) clean off any major chunks.
- Toss pumpkin seeds in a bowl with the melted butter or oil and seasonings of your choice.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.