Best Ever Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
photo by May I Have That Rec
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
2 cups seeds
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Thoroughly rinse seeds and pick out stray bits of pumpkin.
- Pour seeds on a cookie sheet, preferably one with sides.
- Combine Worcestershire sauce and melted butter.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce/butter combination over seeds and stir to distribute evenly.
- Evenly sprinkle salt over seeds.
- Bake for two hours, stirring every half hour.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Store in airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thank you for posting this recipe. It is just like the one my parents made when I was a kid. I only have one exception: do not clean off any of the pulp and pumpkin "guts" from the seeds. Leave all of that on, mix with the other ingredients, and roast as directed. All that oooey-gooey turns into the most delicious, crispy savory treat. When I was a kid that was my favorite part to eat and it still is!
see 30 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook exciting, exotic recipes for me and my hubby. I also love to go out to eat, mostly at ethnic restaurants. Spicy food is my favorite, and I'm always looking for new vegetarian recipes, since I've been a vegetarian since I was a kid.