1 hr 15 mins
I served this recipe at a Halloween themed party years ago and it was a big hit. I had moved and lost touch with most of the ladies who had attended the party. However, several years later, I received a phone call from one of the women who had been a guest at the party...she said she had been trying to track me down all that time because she wanted a copy of the recipe of the pumpkin dip I had served. I very happily provided her with the recipe and here it is for everyone else. I served this inside a large round of bread, which can be dyed orange to make it look like a pumpkin. Just use any recipe you like for a yeast bread and add orange food coloring to the dough (you can reserve a small dough ball and dye it green to stick on top of the round loaf before baking to represent a stem)...cut off the top of the loaf of bread and scoop out the inside to form a cavity to place your dip inside, then serve the bread "guts" as dippers, along with fresh veggies, crackers, chips, etc..whatever you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g bread, whole round loaf, unsliced (see the description above for suggestions)
- 177.44 ml cooked pumpkin, mashed, unseasoned (canned is fine)
- 340.19 g light cream cheese, at room temperature (Neufchatel)
- 29.58 ml Mexican seasoning, blend
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml pumpkin pie spice (to taste)
- 78.07 ml deli ham, thinly sliced, cut into small pieces
- 78.07 ml red bell pepper, diced
- 78.07 ml green bell pepper, diced
- 63.78 g can black olives, sliced, drained
- 1Beat together the pumpkin, cream cheese, Mexican seasoning blend,garlic powder, and pumpkin pie spice -- test seasoning and adjust to your liking. (NOTE:if your Mexican seasoning is not salty/peppery enough you may wish to add a bit of salt & pepper to taste as well, cayenne pepper if you want it zesty).
- 2Gently stir in diced bell peppers, the ham, and the olives to combine.
- 3Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 4Before serving, cut off the top of your round loaf of bread and scoop out the middle, forming a bread bowl and lid (see description above for more complete suggestions) and fill the cavity with the dip.
- 5Serve dip with assorted fresh veggies, crackers, chunks of torn bread, etc.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Pumpkin Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 752.1
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 89.7 mg
- Sodium 1750.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: