Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
adapted from the Aroma housewares website
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup brown lentils or 1 cup green lentil, picked over and washed
- 2 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 tablespoon dried vegetable flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to inner pot and stir. Place inner pot in the rice cooker, close the lid, and set to White Rice or press the Cook switch.
- Midway through cooking, carefully open rice cooker, stir ingredients with a long-handled wooden spoon and re-cover. Use caution when opening as escaping steam and inner bowl are hot.
- Reseal lid and allow to cook until the rice cooker switches to Keep-Warm. When rice cooker switches to Keep-Warm, carefully open the lid, stir again and re-cover. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.