Rice With Carrots and Peas (Rice Cooker)
It is suggested that this rice be served with lamb. From the Rice Cooker Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, sliced in rounds
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice (or any flavorful white rice)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon almonds, chopped
- Melt 1 TBSP of butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add the carrots and cook, stirring, until they begin to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- Place rice in rice cooker bowl.
- Add beef stock, parsley, thyme, peas and sauteed carrots; stir to combine.
- Close cover; set to regular cycle.
- When machine switches to Keep Warm cycle, let the rice steam for 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with wooden or plastic rice paddle or wooden spoon.
- This rice will hold for 1-2 hours on Keep Warm cycle.
- When ready to serve, add remaining 1 TBSP butter and almonds; stir to distribute.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I used my own ratio of brown rice to pork stock and chicken stock, then added the rest. Didn't need to saute the carrots and added chopped leftover pork at the end. Also added garlic powder and dried minced onions and didn't use almonds. Tasted great, for a main dish, with a little added salt.1Reply
see 8 more