Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 large carrot, Thinly Sliced
- 2 tablespoons onions, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, Shredded
- In a 1-quart casserole microwave sliced carrot and chopped onion, ahnd 1 T water, covered, on 100% power for 2 minutes.
- Stir the ground beef into the partially cooked vegetables.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 3 minutes, stirring once to break up the meat.
- Drain off the fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, 1/2 cup water, dry red wine, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 4 to 5 minutes more or until mixture is heated through and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and serve.