Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great comfort food for a family. Substitute with left over turkey. Freezes well for OAMC.
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- pastry crust, for 9-in deep dish pie
- In a large skillet melt better.
- Blend in flour until smooth.
- Add milk and chicken broth; cook stirring constantly, about 3 min, or until thick and bubbly.
- Add seasonings and chicken, stir.
- Meanwhile, cook celery, carrots, peas, and onion in 1 inch boiling water until crisp-tender, about 7 min, drain.
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Add hot veggies to chicken mixture, mix well.
- Pour mixture into 9 inch pastry lined pie plate.
- Place top pastry over filling. Tuck edges and press to seal. Cut slits in top crust to vent.
- Bake 30 min or until golden brown.