A great comfort food for a family. Substitute with left over turkey. Freezes well for OAMC.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 4 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup peas
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- pastry crust, for 9-in deep dish pie
- 1In a large skillet melt better.
- 2Blend in flour until smooth.
- 3Add milk and chicken broth; cook stirring constantly, about 3 min, or until thick and bubbly.
- 4Add seasonings and chicken, stir.
- 5Meanwhile, cook celery, carrots, peas, and onion in 1 inch boiling water until crisp-tender, about 7 min, drain.
- 6Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- 7Add hot veggies to chicken mixture, mix well.
- 8Pour mixture into 9 inch pastry lined pie plate.
- 9Place top pastry over filling. Tuck edges and press to seal. Cut slits in top crust to vent.
- 10Bake 30 min or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.5
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 329.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 14.7 g