This was published in our newspaper and I have not seen another recipe like it--it is served in wedges like a pie, but it is a savory side dish for a holiday meal like Thanksgiving. It can be prepared ahead of time and briefly reheated just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gently press pie crust into 9 inch tart pan, preferably one with removable bottom. Crimp and remove excess dough. Keep crust refrigerated while preparing filling.
- 2Steam cubed squash in a large steamer basket over 2 inches of boiling water for about 15 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4Drain steamed squash well and place in blender, food processor, or a bowl if you use an immersion blender, Process squash until smooth.
- 5Add eggs, cheese, brown sugar, seasonings and process until smooth.
- 6Remove crust from refrigerator, and set the tart pan on a rimmed cookie sheet.
- 7Carefully pour squash/egg mixture into the crust.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes or until set at center.
- 9Cool slightly before cutting into slices.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Butternut Squash Tart
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.7
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 487.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g