Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This comes from the American Institute for Cancer Research, which advocates for diet and nutrition based research for cancer prevention. This is only 1 WW point per serving!
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 1 bunch broccoli floret, chopped coarsely
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small parsnip, peeled and sliced
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups fat-free vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15- 20 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Puree in blender until very smooth.
I prepared this in my Vita Mix. Worked like a charm. The only thing I added was a sprinkling of Italian seasonings. The soup was nice and creamy without added fat.