Recipe by Sue Lau
So easy to make in the crock pot, great for a winter's day. Boomette's thoughtful review has had me reconsider having salt on the ingredient list, so it is removed. You can always use the salt shaker at the table, but you can't take it out, so this is a good move.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- black pepper
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (I used Lipton beefy onion)
- 1⁄2-1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place stew meat, tomatoes, celery, carrots, garlic, potatoes, pepper, and dissolved bouillon into crockpot, stirring to mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Remove lid, add peas, and dissolved cornstarch, stirring to mix.
- Set crock pot to high, and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until peas are tender and stew is thickened.
- This recipe has had some salt removed, so if you find it bland, please add salt at the table. You can always add more, but you can't take it out once it has been added.