Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cups cubed challah (about 1-inch cubes)
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated gouda cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F Whisk together the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in bread cubes and 1 cup each Gouda and Parmesan cheeses.
- Remove and discard root ends and dark green tops of leeks. Cut in half lengthwise, and rinse thoroughly under cold running water to remove grit and sand.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add leeks, and cook, stirring occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Fold leek mixture and bacon into egg mixture. Pour into a lightly greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup each Gouda and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set, Let stand 5 minutes.