Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mildly sweet-and sour, this is good to accompany simple grilled or broiled proteins. From "Diabetes Cooking for Everyone", bu Carol Gelles. Exchanges: 1/4 bread, 3/4 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups zucchini, cut in 3/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dark raisin
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Addd zucchini and onion and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 4 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes.