Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Found on the weightwatchers.com blog. Delicious and so easy. You can add some onions and mushrooms when sauteing the zucchini. Also you might try using yellow squash for the zucchini or mix them for a colorful presentation.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium uncooked zucchini, cut into 2-inch chuncks
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and oregano; saute until zucchini is golden brown, about 4-6 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and add parsley; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (some feta cheeses are salty so remember when adding salt). Sprinkle feta cheese over top just before serving.
- Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
Wonderful recipe, of course you can't miss when there is feta cheese involved! I made as written with the exception of the parsley as I didn't have any on hand. This will be made again! Spring PAC 2014. Thanks mama smurf!
Aussie Swap #85: Outstanding!! This dish highlights one of my favorite veggies perfectly and the savory feta cheese - YUM!! We loved this!
This would have to be the best way of doing Zucchini's that I have every tried. And I love zucchini and we eat them often. I did slice them a bit smaller than 2" on a diagonal line. The flavours were outstanding. I used a hard, dryish feta which crumbled easily. There is nothing that would improve this recipe. It is perfection. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap December 2013.