Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
This delicious recipe is from Emeril Lagasse 20 - 40 - 60 Fresh Food Fast Cookbook. I often use a combination of large yellow squash and zucchini for color. Wonderful!!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces carrots, cut into small dice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large yellow squash, halved lengthwise and then sliced into 1/4-inch thick half-moons
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Set a 12" saute pan over medium-high heat, and once it is hot add the butter and olive oil.
- When the butter has melted, add the carrots and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Add the yellow squash, shallot, salt and white pepper to the pan and continue to cook, stirring often, until the squash has wilted and released most of its moisture -- about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the tarragon and toss to blend.
- Serve hot.