This delicious recipe is from Emeril Lagasse 20 - 40 - 60 Fresh Food Fast Cookbook. I often use a combination of large yellow squash and zucchini for color. Wonderful!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces carrots, cut into small dice
- 1 1/2 lbs large yellow squash, halved lengthwise and then sliced into 1/4-inch thick half-moons
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1Set a 12" saute pan over medium-high heat, and once it is hot add the butter and olive oil.
- 2When the butter has melted, add the carrots and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the yellow squash, shallot, salt and white pepper to the pan and continue to cook, stirring often, until the squash has wilted and released most of its moisture -- about 6 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle with the tarragon and toss to blend.
- 5Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Yellow Squash With Carrots and Tarragon
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.4
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 704.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g