Emeril Lagasse's Shrimp & Pasta
- Ready In:
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more for the pasta water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup green onion top, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the linguine per box instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, toss the shrimp with the Creole seasoning in a medium bowl. Place 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet set over high heat. Add the shrimp, spreading them evenly in one layer. Cook for 2 minutes, and then turn them to the other side. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the wine, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter, and cook for 11 /2 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and the black pepper.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 /2 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta, reserved cooking water, crushed red pepper, and green onion tops to the sauce in the skillet. Toss until everything for about 1 minute.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the parsley, and toss to combine.
- Serve hot.
Join The Conversation
This was FAB- UUU-LOUS!!!! What a great recipe!! Spicy, delicious and thoroughly yummy. DH and I would give this more stars if we could. Definitely a meal that I would love to make for guests along with a crisp salad and nice crusty bread. This was just SO very, very good! Thank you so much for posting! :)