Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love this recipe, it's so good and easy to make. If making 4 servings it works better to use a Dutch oven instead of a large skillet, and add 1 to 2 minutes to the spinach-cooking time. Leave out the bacon for a vegetarian dish. The recipe comes from Eatingwell.com.
- 9.85 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 283.49 g bag fresh spinach, tough stems removed
- 2 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 14.79 ml crumbled blue cheese
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until beginning to soften.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds more; add spinach and cook, stirring, until just wilted.
- Remove from heat; stir in bacon and sprinkle cheese on top, serve immediately.
Very good. I used a bit of extra oil in sauteeing and then added a splash of balsamic before serving. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This was absolutely delicious! I didn't have a red onion, so I used a Vidalia, and I squeezed a hint of lemon juice over it at the end. Fantastic!
Very fast and delicious. I would saute more onion next time and add the garlic at the same time as the bacon. A drizzle of balsamic vinegar makes this even better. Thanks for sharing!