1/1 Photo of Sauteed Red Cabbage With Apples
This is a very pretty purple dish. Great with sausage or corned beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove outside leaves of cabbage.
- 2With a sharp knife, chop cabbage into small pieces. Throw into colander and rinse.
- 3In large stovetop pot with lid, melt 2 teaspoons of butter at medium-high.
- 4Add onion to pan and sauté.
- 5Add chopped cabbage to pan.
- 6Peel apples, chop and add to pan.
- 7Combine water with vinegar, add brown sugar and bay leaves and stir.
- 8Pour liquid over cabbage mixture.
- 9Bring mixture to a boil then cover and reduce heat to a low simmer for 25-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Red Cabbage With Apples
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.5 mg
- Sodium 53.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g