Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Peas and celery make a great new side dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen peas (or 2 cups fresh peas)
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in skillet on med, add onions, cook until soft.
- Add celery, cook until crisp tender.
- Increase heat to med hi, add peas.
- Cook until peas are heated through (about 6 minutes).
- Stir in celery leaves, salt and pepper.
MMMmmm, my new favorite vegetable sidedish. What a shame that some folks malign celery. It hurts me to see the grocery stores chop off the leaves. The celery is simply wonderful, really showcased in this easy recipe. The red onions were cut into crescents and gave a nice contrast to the green vegetables because I'm all about presentation. I served this along side MEAN'S chicken piccata and with whole wheat pasta. Thanks for sharing. CG ;)