Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A good way to "kick" up your shrimp, it's great served over rice and a real quick and easy dinner to prepare for us "on the go" people, especially when you can get those shrimp already split and peeled or if you have time to do it in the morning. Prep time does not include peeling the shrimp!!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli (Thaw and add to the hot oil with the onion and peppers)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup red bell peppers or 1 cup green bell pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs shelled and deveined shrimp
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- lemon wedge, for garnish
- In a wok or 4 quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add broccoli; saute about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add onions and peppers; saute about 2 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Push vegetables to side of pan.
- Add shrimps and garlic; saute, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimps begin to turn pink.
- Add remaining ingredients except lemon wedges; stir to combine.
- Cook until shrimps turn bright pink and mixture is hot.
- Garnish and serve.