Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Serve over rice or noodles.
- 2 lbs bok choy
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk or 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- Cut off the base of the bok choy stalks; discard. Separate the stalks and leaves. If the stems of the bok choy leaves are large, chop finely. Wash the leaves and stalks; drain in a colander.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the green onions, mushrooms, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Stir in the bok choy and coconut milk; cook, stirring until the leaves are tender and stalks are still crunchy, 3-6 minutes.
That's a lot of bok choy.
This was light and delicious. I used coconut oil to saute the veggies since I didn't have any coconut milk which still gave a nice coconut flavor. We really enjoyed this and I will definitely make it again.
Sooooooo good!! Added both stock and coconut milk. Needed nothing else, was great on its own. Thank you!