Stir-Fried Shitake Mushrooms With Tofu and Bok Choy
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons thai chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, devided
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
- 1 lb bok choy, cut into 11/2 pieces
- 2 cups sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1 tsp.water in bowl.
- Whisk in soy sauce, ginger, chile sauce, garlic and sesame oil.
- Heat 1 Tbs. canola oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Stir-fry tofu7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add 1 Tbs. oil to pan.
- Stir-fry bok choy 4 minutes, transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs. oil to pan.
- Stir-fry mushrooms 2 minutes or until tender.
- Return tofu and bok choy to pan.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture and stir-fry 1 minute until hot.
Join The Conversation
Yummy this is so delicious! A little on the spicy side for me but very tasty and my husband loved it! I wish I'd doubled the recipe. It seems like it only makes enough for two or three servings. Next time I'll double recipe and also make some steamed rice as a side dish :) Be sure to drain the tofu well. . .I didn't drain it completely so when I put the cubes of tofu into the fry pan, the oil reacted with the water in the tofu! Needless to say, there was a huge splatter of oil on my stove. Be careful and don't do what I did ;) I highly recommend this recipe.