Sauteed Bok Choy With Bacon and Green Apple
- Ready In:
- 1 bok choy
- 2 slices of uncooked Canadian bacon, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 small granny smith apple, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- First, prepare Bok Choy by making a cut about 2 inches from bottom. This will separate it into individual stalks. Make a horizontal cut along each stem to separate greens. (Be sure to wash thoroughly as dirt may be trapped inside). Cut each stem into "half-moons" approximately 1 inch thick. Place aside.
- Loosely chop greens (I find it easiest to stack 2-3 leaves together, roll them, make a horizontal cut, then chop the stack vertically.).
- Add olive oil, Canadian Bacon, and shallots to medium heat pan. Brown ingredients.
- Once ingredients brown, deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add Bok Choy stems to mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cook approximately 15 minutes until tender using chicken stock to deglaze pan as needed.
- Once stems are tender, add greens and green apple. Cook an additional 15-20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!