Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
Once you've eaten a Morel mushroom, you want more! Available for picking for only a short time in the spring. Just as fun to hunt for them as it is to cook and eat them. I can't get enough! I eat this by itself and on toast!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh morel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Sauté garlic until soft in butter.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Add broth and wine and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
We love morel mushrooms, and these were a perfect side dish with grilled steaks.
I soaked dried morel mushrooms and this was delicious! I soaked them in warm water and milk, then drained off, and saved for soup. I made a small portion and it was delicious so all those that have dried mushrooms, try this recipe!